Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nature's Wonders

Every year my second grade class studies the metamorphosis of a caterpillar to a butterfly. It really is amazing to watch and the kids absolutely love it. This year, our caterpillars arrived late. The kids were able to watch the caterpillars eat themselves silly and change into chrysallisis but that was it. On the last day of school I took home over thirty chrysallisis! Trinity and I were so excited to watch them emerge as butterflies. About a week later, the transformation began! It took about a week for all of the butterflies to emerge. After all that were going to make it made it (we only lost three!), we let them free in my mother's garden. It was amazing to watch them all fly free and head straight for the flowers! And, of course, I took pictures. Here is a layout I created to remember the awesomeness of the experience. I used the June sketch from Paper Popsicles. TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment