Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh, how I love SUMMERTIME!


I absolutely love that my profession allows me to be at home with my daughter during the summer. Many, many people like to hem and haw about how we teachers get summers off. Well, let me tell you, if it weren't for summers, there wouldn't be many teachers. That's not to say that the only reason we choose to teach is for the summers ~ hardly! The summer break is absolutely necessary. By the end of the school year, I am so ready to pack those kids up and send them anywhere. Teaching is exhausting, and burn-out comes to even those of us who really love what we do. Summer is the necessary renewal. Because by this time in the summer, I can feel the enthusiasm revving up. I'm starting to get excited about the new school year and the new ideas and experiences I have planned for my kiddos. But, for now, I can sit at home and just relax (and create!). Speaking of summer, I just completed this page using sketch #113 at Let's Scrap. I incorporated the week 2 challenge from Paper Popsicles and based my LO on something summery. And what is more summery that swimming! My DD has really turned into a fish, swimming like crazy, and loving every minute of it. The paper was just perfect to and even more so because I got it on sale (wahoo)! TFL!

1 comment:

  1. You should submit this page over at Scrap and Stamp something. It is all about water this week, but hurry it runs out Friday I think!

    ReplyDelete