Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mixed Media?

I LOVE the look of mixed media!  I love the endless possibilities with mixed media.  I love to watch other people create mixed media pieces.  I, myself, have played a touch with mixed media.  However, my scrapbooking style is nothing like mixed media!  When I look at layouts that are created mixed media style, I am not so in love.  Do not misunderstand, they are BEAUTIFUL pieces of art!  What I find unpleasing, I suppose, is the quarrel between the ART and the PHOTOS!  I've only seen a couple of artist who are trully able to scrap mixed media style and still keep the focus on the photos.  Isn't that what scrapbooking is about after all?
As I begin my journey into the world of mixed media art, I can not, at this point see myself as a mixed media scrapper.  More likely I will be a mixed media journal-er (hmmm, is that a word?).  I've already designated a neat little book to work on my mixed media techniques.....separate from my photo albums.
Am I the only one who feels this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment