Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Demons - AAM Challenge #22

So this week I decided to participate in the All About Me Challenges! I've been eyeing them for some time and have been so inspired by the challenges and DT reveals. When this weeks challenge came out...I was almost forced from somewhere deep within to do this challenge. I am so glad that I did. I created my layout based on my demons....which for me are all my many, many insecurities. The paper used is all from MME except for the cardstock. I used this week's sketch from Creative Scrappers (CS#114). The paper used is all from MME except for a little navy cardstock. I used Ranger Distress Ink in Faded Jeans to create the background paint and all the distressing. This layout is VERY different from my typical layout but I LOVE how it turned out. It has a lot of imperfections....but it is a layout about being insecure....so I left them just the way they were. Thanks AAM for the inspiration. I hope to participate more often!




Challenges:
All About Me - #22 My Demons
Creative Scrappers - Sketch #114
Scrap and Stamp- Buttons, Stamp

5 comments:

  1. Your distressing rocks on this! Thank you so much for playing with us at AAM! Glad you finally got to enjoy a challenge and thank you for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the imperfections -it makes for a beautiful layout! Thank you for joining us at Scrap and Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heart goes out to you, I have very low self esteem and many of the same insecurities - very brave of you to face them by recording them on a layout. Thank you for joining in at Creative Scrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout. Love the colors. And I hope your self esteem will be growing like a tree in a short time. No one should be that insecure about themselves (well, I am insecure too, but am working hard at it and it works ;))

    The challenge: I'm wothy should be a good one to make for yourself too ;)

    When I saw the challenges, I wanted to make them all. It's great to see how things will grow in time. Maybe a good idea for you, to make all the previous challenges... ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admire your bravery, the layout is fantastic. Great job! Thanks for playing along at Scrap and STamp!

    ReplyDelete